Elastics help us move your teeth by a gentle but continuous force. Teeth move best when elastics are worn consistently.
Rules to follow
- Elastics need to be worn 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for your teeth to move.
- If possible, leave elastics on while eating to gain maximum benefit.
- Remove elastics to brush your teeth. Change them once a day because they lose their strength. It’s a good idea to leave elastics in the same area when you brush your teeth. This way you will see them and remember to put them back on.
- ALWAYS carry elastics with you so that if an elastic breaks you will be able to replace it right away.
- Your teeth may be a little tender for a couple of days. If you wear them as instructed, any discomfort will soon disappear. If you take them on and off, your teeth will never get a chance to become accustomed to them, and your teeth will always be sore.
- Please call the office if you run low and we will gladly mail some to you.
Download a printable information form